I recently recorded a podcast with Ray Lucchesi, a guy with a shed load of storage experience that I respect a lot.
Ray puts out a pretty decent monthly newsletter covering interesting things that have happened in the world of storage, as well as a roundup of some of the latest benchmark and performance news. In this podcast we discuss items from Rays newsletter, including –
- Is there any point to benchmarks
- Which benchmarks are good (i any) and which are a waste of time
- What Ray has found interesting from the world of performance benchmarks in the last few weeks
- IBM XIV – is it midrange or enterprise and how does it fair in SPC-2 benchmarks
- Why dont we see flash array vendors submitting SPC benchmarks
- Why doesn't EMC submit SPC benchmarks
Once a month the Deep Dive podcast will review Rays newsletter, covering the most interesting technical news from the storage world. DON'T MISS AN EPISODE – SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE!
…or click to download this podcast